Monday, November 11, 2013

good monday morning to you

I am going to go ahead and get this first picture out of the way.  Go ahead and take your cell phones out and snap a picture or right click the image and save it, because this is something you will NEVER  see again!

I hope that my OTHER mom and dad get a kick out of seeing me in this hideous sweatshirt.  I went to Kathi and Dave's to watch THE HEAT (again) Friday night after we had dinner.  I had on fairly nice clothes, so Kathi asked if I would like something more comfortable to put on.  I, of course, said yes.  And this is what she brings me....with a big fat smile on her face!  You see the type harassment I have to put up with??!!  GO GAMECOCKS!

For dinner we tried to go to Tupelo Honey Café downtown.  Apparently they are having to undergo unexpected construction on the inside of their building.  I didn't really understand what it was about, but nevertheless it was closed-- BOO!  We ended up at Carolina Ale, which of course, is never a bad thing as far as I am concerned.  You really cannot go wrong eating there...


*I love this picture of my two girls... they look so happy!*
 
 
Saturday was the Florida Georgia Line concert.
 


Our evening began at Mellow Mushroom (yum!). The wait was for the birds, but the food was awesome.  I do not eat there often, but each time I have, I really enjoy the food. 

Now, on to the concert review.  This will surprise some of you, I'm sure. 
  1. I am not familiar with Colt Ford at all.  After his part of the show, I know why.  He is terrible.  If any of you are fans, I am terribly sorry, but seriously??  He CLEARLY is not able to carry a tune, so he (I guess you could call it) raps?!  It was very strange and I did not care for him AT ALL. 
  2. Tyler Farr was there as well and sang Redneck Crazy. And I DO love that song! 
  3. Here is the disappointing part.  I think I would much rather listen to FGL on the radio, or CD.  Their voices didn't sound bad and the harmonies were good, but they were sort of all over the place.  I cannot really put my finger on it.  They sang Cruise at the very end of the night and I will say that it was well worth the wait.  I don't think I would rush to see them again.  Sad, I know.  I was so excited. 
  4. Finally, overall, the sound was SO FREAKING LOUD.  I would blame this on me "getting old," but I have seen Lady Antebellum, Thompson Square, Darius Rucker AND Kenny Chesney at the same location and loved every minute of it.  The acoustics were ear piercing.  Even when they were talking in the mic, I couldn't understand one word they said. 
Unfortunately, I would have to give the night a 7 out of 10 stars.  And that is mainly because I loved the company I was with!  I am certain there are people out there that would call me insane.  In fact, I am positive.  I have seen them all over social media.  This, however, is my opinion. Not really worth much, I know.

Well, that's about it.  I have an early day tomorrow and for obvious reasons, a very long and emotional week ahead of me.  Thanks, again, for your prayer support.

I will leave you with a quote I found today on a friend's facebook page:  I love it!


Such a TRUE statement.  And, once again, I am a blessed girl.

No comments: