Monday, November 18, 2013

life is an adventure (or at least my NEW life will be!)

I am sitting here in my room.  I have music playing softly in the background.  John Mayer on Pandora, to be exact.  It's Sunday evening and I have done NOTHING today.  Literally, nothing.  I didn't even leave the house to go to church.  It's been the longest week ever.  Not just for me, but for my whole family.  Our Daddy O's passed away on Wednesday.  We celebrated his life Friday afternoon.  Thursday I spent the afternoon in Family Court.  That was a blast.  I am legally and officially divorced.

Eeek.

Anyway, there were some really good things that came out of this week. 

I had the opportunity to spend most of the week with my favorite people in the whole world.  My second family.  Jeffrey and D.J. (pictured left) came in to town. It's always good to see them.  JP loves D.J.!  Grandmother (in the middle, Daddy O's' wife) actually came out to dinner with us.  It was good for her to get out of her house for a little while.  She is doing well, but continue to pray for her.  She has a long road ahead of her. 

 Laurie and Jeffrey...these two have been T.R.O.U.B.L.E since birth. 


And here are the PERFECT children.  Since birth. (Hehehehe)
 
 

Between the funeral and my court hearing I am emotionally drained.  I woke up this morning and didn't feel like I could do anything.  Or face anyone.  I guess that sounds crazy, but it's how I felt.  We were supposed to go to Pawley's Island this weekend, but I am going to reschedule another trip. Hopefully some time in December, before Christmas.  We leave next Monday and head to Myrtle Beach for the week of Thanksgiving.  I am looking forward to spending time there.  We have not been to mom and dad's condo in a long time.  I hope that the weather cooperates.  It will be a nice time of relaxation.
 

 
How true is this statement?!  Since my separation, I have set a handful of new goals for myself.  One of them is to travel more.  My best friends will be in France over the next couple of years.  JP and I will definitely be visiting them.  More than once!  I am also looking forward to taking JP to visit Guatemala.  I am not sure when that will happen, I just know it's going to.  These two big trips will have to be scheduled around my school calendar, but be sure that I will let you know when they take place!  Exciting! 
 
In the meantime, I will be planning a Weekend Road Trip once a month.  In December, we will be enjoying Dollywood again.  January, I hope to head back to Pawley's and in February, my girls and I are taking a (no children aloud) weekend trip to Charleston.  To name a few...   
 
So I don't plan to.
 
My devotion for today went like this:
 
" Follow Me.  No matter where I lead you, just follow Me.  Don't worry about how everything will turn out.  Just trust Me, and I'll show you the way.
 
Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your guide and companion.  Don't worry about where our path will lead tomorrow - just live in the adventure of today.  Keep your mind on staying close to Me.
 
If our path takes us to the bottom of a steep cliff, don't be afraid...just hold on tightly to My hand and take a deep breath.  I'll help you climb all the way up to the top.  And when we come to a peaceful resting place, stop there a while and rest with Me.
 
You already know where our journey will end.  Someday I will take you into Heaven.  But, for now, just follow Me as I guide You along today's path.  And enjoy the adventures you share with Me."
 
How fitting. 

Happy Monday everyone!  Enjoy your adventure TODAY and let's be thankful for a brand new week.


No comments: