Thursday, February 14, 2013

love

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."  1 Corinthians 13:4-7



It should not come as a surprise to anyone that I am not celebrating Valentine's Day this year.  Honestly, it makes me sad.  And I know, I know, it's "just another day."  I have been told that by so many well-meaning people.  But, the only people who actually say that are the people who have someone in their life to celebrate with. 

That is my dose of BITTER for the day.  I'm done.

Now, what I really want to say is this...   1 Corinthians 13 is one of my all time favorite passages in the Bible.  I do not have enough space on this blog to chronicle all of my faults and imperfections.  There are WAY TOO MANY.  Trust me.  I am not a perfect mother, daughter, employee or friend.  As a whole, I am very imperfect.  I have learned the hard way that love can hurt you.  And a lot of times it will.  Having said that, I am thankful today that, despite all that I do wrong,  when I lay my head down on my pillow each night, I am at peace with knowing that in my life I have sacrificed for love. 

I have loved deeply.

And at the end of the day, that cannot be taken away from me.

No comments: