Sunday, February 24, 2013

restaurant & movie review

 
Friday night, as you know, my friend Kerri and I went to eat at Flat Rock grille.  I have been there two other times before.  I believe I had the fried chicken fingers both times.  I do remember them being pretty good.  Friday, Kerri and I both ordered chicken salads.  While the atmosphere was really nice, the salads left a LOT to be desired.  Of course on the menu and on the commercials, they look really big and tasty.  In real life, not so much.  It was basically a little chicken in a bowl on top of REALLY large pieces of lettuce.  So, if you do go to Flat Rock and you choose the grilled or fried chicken salad, make sure you ask for an extra plate so that you have a place to put all of the lettuce you discard from your bowl.  There will be a lot of it!! 

Having said that, for dessert, we ordered a Hershey bar brownie with ice cream.  IT. WAS. VERY. YUMMY.  It definitely made up for the heads of lettuce brought in from Mr. McGreggor's garden.  Overall, I would not go as far as to tell someone NOT to eat at this restaurant.  All I am saying is, if you are in the mood for a big salad, ( like we always are ), take I-85 to Pelham Road and make a left into the California Dreaming parking lot.


Following dinner, we scooted on over to the movie theatre to see this little piece of heaven.  My only regret is not reading the book before seeing the movie.  I strongly advise you to see this movie.  Especially if you are a Nicholas Sparks fan and enjoy romantic dramas.  It will be well worth your time and your money.  And BOTH characters are very easy on the eyes!   So girls, bottom line,  you can't go wrong with a movie that involves two BEAUTIFUL people who fall in love with one another.  Very nice.


I guess that's all.  I am off work tomorrow.  I needed a mental health day.  I hope everyone has a great Monday! 

No comments: