Monday, February 4, 2013

officer cash

Below is JP with his friend, Cash.  Cash is my good friend's dog.  He is a police officer and Cash was his partner.  JP and I dog-sat this weekend and we felt very safe knowing that Officer C was guarding (literally) the door!  He loves JP.



Sunday, I took both boys over to visit.  To my surprise, Preston wasn't afraid.  I thought that because he is so small he would be intimidated.  But, NOPE!  He, too, loved him.  They were so sweet...
 
 

There is SO MUCH that I want to write about. Unfortunately though, when you have an online journal such as this one, there is a very fine line when it comes to sharing everything that is on your heart. For obvious reasons, you just can't. What I will tell you is that JP continues to have trouble dealing with some of the recent changes that are taking place in our home.  And, as a mother, watching him upset LITERALLY breaks my heart.  It actually aches.  And the worst part is, there is not a lot I can do for him.  I am carrying him to a doctor/therapist for him to talk to, I am trying to keep our routine structured (trying being the operative word!), and we stay relatively busy during the week right now with friends and family.  Anyway, please continue to pray for him.  Pray for God to allow him to experience His peace.  The kind that "passes all understanding..." 

On a lighter note,  I have developed pretty severe shin splints.  VERY happy about that!!  NOT!  It took me FIFTY EIGHT MINUTES to go three miles on the treadmill last night.  If you know anything about walking/running, you know that, that is RIDICULOUS!  I have to slow down and stop so often because I feel like my legs are going to blow up.  It's awful.  But, I have several things I am going to try.  I have a friend, Anne, that I am going to run with this week and she is going to make sure I am running the "proper" way.  My friend, Stephanie, has given me a few different types of running shoes to try out to see if that makes a difference.  Running shoes are SO EXPENSIVE!  Before I pay for my own, I want to make sure I buy the right pair.  We'll see. 

Tonight I will just have to do the best I can.  If nothing else, the 90's Rap radio on Pandora puts me in a cheerful mood!! 


That's about it for tonight.  I promise to post pics from the weekend later.  I hope everyone had a GREAT Monday. 


No comments: