Thursday, May 2, 2013

a little bit of random before bed

I am finally in bed.  Wide awake.  I took the day off work to take care of some personal things.  Although I was not in my classroom, I spent ALL DAY LONG working.  Hard.  And for some CRAZY reason, I thought it would be a good idea to run a little over two miles at 9:00pm. 

Note to self:  It's NEVER a good idea to run before bed.  Maybe one day I will learn.

I like the feeling I get when I am productive.  I rolled out of bed at 5:30 this morning and JUST NOW sat down.  I feel good.  I am SO GLAD that tomorrow is Friday.  It has been a super short week for me, which is always nice.  And what's nicer is I have LESS than thirty days left of school.  PRAISE GOD!!!!  It is still bittersweet.  A very long chapter in my life is coming to a close.  I would be lying if I told you I wasn't scared.  I totally am.  But, a new life has been handed to me unexpectedly and I owe it to God to make the very best of it.  On that note, here are a few quotes that have inspired me this week:





Just a little bit of positive thinking.  It helps me to read this stuff from time to time.  It would be so easy to lay low, keep my head down, stay home, pout, cry and ask God why.  And sometimes, I do those things.  But, I refuse to STAY DOWN.  Life is TOO SHORT.  I plan on living it to the fullest.  Rather than focusing on the pain that has hit me, I choose to spend my time loving and appreciating the things and people that are in front of me.  Supporting me.  Loving me. 

I am blessed.

Well, I think that's all for tonight.  I am hoping that, although I feel WIDE AWAKE, when my head actually hits the pillow I will be able to fall asleep.  We'll see!

I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!!!  I know I will!!  And stay tuned for pictures from the Kenny Chesney/Zac Brown concert!  I will be ROCKIN' Williams Brice Stadium on Saturday night!!!  I cannot wait!!

GOODNIGHT!

(P.S.  I just booked a weekend in Pigeon Forge for $25!!  WooHoo.)

No comments: