Wednesday, May 29, 2013

part of the reason i smile







 All the "flowers" the boys picked for me!  Hey...I haven't received flowers in over twelve years!  I'll take what I can get! LOL )
 Fascinated with the RED aunt hill.  Eeek!
 Mr. Stubborn ignoring my warnings to get a closer look!


These boys love each other so much...
 
 
Often times, when I am feeling a little "blue,"  I make lists in my journal of all the things (and people) that I have to be thankful for.  It really works.  I've been blue for the past few weeks.  There are lots of reasons why.  I have six full days of school left, and while I am super excited for the summer to get here, the reality that I am actually quitting my job is beginning to hit home.  I have worked since I was fifteen years old and have NEVER left a job without another one lined up.  Not to mention I have been in the SAME field for fifteen years.  Don't get me wrong, I am completely at peace with the decision to leave and go to school again.  But, it is still a scary thought.  Especially when I know I have a son to care for.  Add that to all the other stresses in my life at the moment and most days I find myself extremely overwhelmed. 
 
 
This afternoon was one of those times.  By the time I got home from work, all I wanted to do was lay down and go to sleep on the couch.  I actually have done that several times this week. When I got home, however, JP asked me to go outside with him.  Of course, I couldn't resist.  We grabbed Preston and out the door we went...
 
In addition to the cool air and sunshine, these two handsome boys made my heart feel good.  Even though it's broken.
 
 
So thank You, God, for these blessings in my life.  Even when life is not so great, You are SO GOOD.
 
 



No comments: