Tuesday, May 7, 2013

up & coming and my most favorite things

Is it Friday yet?  I swear this week is going by SOOO SLOOOWLY.  It's only Tuesday.  UGH.  Apparently I am going to have to write devotions and other blog posts on the weekends.  Writing them during the week and actually getting them posted is not going to happen.  The neat thing about the site is I can write posts and schedule them to come out on the day that I want them to.  In other words, I could write one for Mother's Day this afternoon and set it to post on Sunday morning.  It's really neat. 

Now that the weather is beginning to warm back up, I am trying to take the boys on mini "outings" during the week.  Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Yesterday JP and I went to the library for him to do homework and me to write.  Afterwards we picked up Preston, dinner and headed to the park to play and eat outside.  Today we are going to play soccer at Furman.  I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SOCCER!  However, it looks like I will be attempting to teach him basic skills because he wants to play on a team this summer. 

We'll see how this goes!  Writer, I am.  Athlete...not so much!  (Unless it's running!)

Here are a few of the things I am looking forward to in the near future:



Along with summer comes BOATING ON LAKE KEOWEE!!!  I am getting to the point where I am having trouble waiting on June to get here!  Nothing like being on the open water with friends! 


Not this weekend coming up, but the following weekend I will be in Pigeon Forge!  I LOVE Tennessee!!  My friend has never been to Dollywood, so I am taking her there ( I have season passes) and in addition to that, of course, you have the APPLE BARN!!  If you've never eaten there, you cannot imagine what you are missing.  And shopping downtown Gatlinburg!  Can't wait!!!
Those are the two biggest things that are keeping me moving at the moment.  Not to mention the time we will spend on the Island this summer.  *SIGH*

So, those are a couple things I am looking forward to.  My two newest things I have my mind on lately are:

This show has ALWAYS been good.  This year though, it is just plain AMAZING!  I knew nothing of Shakira and I now have a major girl crush on her.  And do not get me started on Usher (Ursher!) and the unbelievable coach that he is.  The chemistry between the four judges is so awesome this season!!  My whole family watches it every single week.  And Adam Levine.  That's all I am saying about that. 


The only other thing (besides a trip to Hawaii) I have on my "to do" list is to see the movie, "The Call"  with Halle Berry.  It looks awesome!  If anyone wants to go see it, shoot me an email or text!!  It's on my list of things to do in the near future.

That's all for now.  It's an NCIS night and we are watching the next to last episode TONIGHT!!!  Woohoo!

Have a Happy Wednesday everyone!



No comments: