Sunday, May 19, 2013

laughter truly is the best medicine

It is late, but I just HAD to say hello and share a couple of pictures from the weekend.  I have lots, so I will share the rest another time.  I hope that everyone had a great weekend.  I SURE did!  I have to say, last week was very tough for me.  I was looking forward to spending the weekend in Tennessee, but by the time Friday afternoon rolled around,  I was filled with so much anxiety over going.  It was weird and it caught me off guard.  I'm guessing that, in light of my situation, most of the "firsts" are going to be hard.  And going to Gatlinburg without JP was a first.  Having said that, God REALLY took care of me!

This weekend will definitely go down in history as one of the BEST ever!!  I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I spent OVER 90% of the time laughing.  Seriously.  Friday afternoon, we checked into our "Inn", (that's another story), and headed to downtown Gatlinburg to see what kind of trouble we could get into.  From the time we parked the car until the time we cranked it back up, we laughed so hard.  At everything.  We met some really nice people and had an AMAZING time! 


After a couple hours of mischief in the shops and up and down the streets, we ended up at the Hard Rock Café.   They had live music going and we finally closed down the place at midnight.  FUN TIMES!!

Saturday, we skipped the "continental breakfast" (again, another story) at the "Inn,"  and wound up eating breakfast from Chick Fil A in the restaurant parking lot.  But, you know me....breakfast from anywhere at anytime is GOOD!  We then headed to DOLLYWOOD! 


(I have no idea who the people in the front were...)

What made this trip nice is that Kathi had never been.  It was so much fun to show her around and watch her experience everything for the first time.

Saturday night, we went back to Gatlinburg to pick up our new hats we had monogrammed and shopped a little more.  We scooted back to our car when the heavy rain came in.  From there, we went back to the "Inn" and chilled out until we fell asleep...  This morning we slept in, (which was awesome), and ate a big meal at the Apple Barn before getting on the road to come home.  YUMMY! 

Anyone who knows me, knows that I cannot stand driving/riding on the road.  I wish I could just snap my fingers and be at my destination.  Today, however, was different.  Once again, we laughed all the way home.  My stomach is still sore.  So I would like to thank you, Kathi, for the most wonderful weekend.  I needed it badly.  I'm so thankful that God is so "attentive to our needs...."  (And my PTSD, haha!)  I'll see YOU on the boat this weekend for more laughs!

Well that's all for tonight.  HAPPY MONDAY, friends! 





No comments: