Sunday, May 5, 2013

t.i.r.e.d spells tired!

Wow.  What a weekend!  I am pooped.  I will say that I spent the majority of my afternoon writing.  I finished up a couple of things on some pieces and began a more profound/meaningful blog post.  The bad news is, I didn't finish it.  So, tonight you are having to endure the ramblings of one tired girl. 

Sorry!

So, a friend and I went to the Kenny Chesney/Zac Brown concert this weekend.  I have to say, it was the MOST frustrating experience of my entire life!  We drove to Columbia early enough to enjoy an amazing lunch at the Olive Garden (yum!) and check into our hotel.  We both decided that we cared very little about the opening acts, so we opted to take a nap instead.  It was HEAVENLY.  I actually pampered myself (compliments of my sweet friend, Kelli) and took an oatmeal bath before I buried myself in the cold white hotel sheets.  Those of you who know me, know that I LOVE TO SLEEP IN HOTEL ROOMS!  Don't ask. 

When we woke up, we got dressed and headed to the stadium (Go Cocks!).  And this is where the storm blew in.  Figuratively and literally speaking.  We entered Williams Brice at 6:30.  When did we FINALLY make it to our seats?  8:30!!  I have been to a countless number of football games and I have never seen anything like this.  There were people, drunk and sober, EVERYWHERE.  At one point, we got stuck in a stampede.  No joke.  We didn't MOVE for fifteen minutes, at least.  I actually was a little scared.  There was shoving, screaming, fights breaking out, people getting arrested etc.  A group of policemen finally began to block off certain entrances.  We couldn't get to our seats.  We missed all but two Zac Brown songs.  I was furious.  Thankfully, once we made it, everything fell into place and we had a great time.  Kenny Chesney was AWESOME, as always!


 
 
We made it home safe and sound today around lunchtime.  If nothing else, we made great memories!
 
 
Tonight mom, JP and I went to hear our friend, Nathan speak at a church in Simpsonville.  For those of you who do not know, Nathan and his family are missionaries in Guatemala.  When Scott and I adopted JP, we stayed with Nathan's mom and dad for the six weeks we were in the country.  They are very special to our families and our friendship dates back to my childhood. 
 
Nathan (and his beautiful wife, who is from Guatemala) began a ministry in Antigua, Guatemala for boys.  It is amazing how God is using them. 
 


That is all I am going to write tonight, guys.  The past three weekends I have been on the road.  Jeffrey's wedding in Statesville, Pawley's Island last weekend and then Columbia this weekend.  Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining.  I have enjoyed every minute.  But, I am about to fall asleep sitting here.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.  I will ask that you please keep me in your prayers this week.  It is going to be a tough one for me.  I have to leave it at that. 

My friend Megan and I often share quotes with one another.  Some are inspirational and some are funny.  She has them hanging all over her house here in Greenville and her home at Pawleys.  We've decided that it makes us feel good to read them.  So, at the end of each blog post, (the random ones, anyway)  I am going to share one or two quotes with you.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

 
 
Sweet dreams!

No comments: