Sunday, October 7, 2012

my sunday night

JP and I went back to church tonight.  I have not been to church on a Sunday night in a  long time, but I wanted to go because of choir practice.  It was so nice.  Singing has always been a form of therapy for me.  As of now I am planning on participating with the choir in their Christmas musical this December.  I am really looking forward to it! 
 

I was so tired this afternoon.  JP and I were snuggled up in our bed together most of the afternoon watching television, movies and playing games.  (And I tapped in to a little nap while he played his video game!)  My point is, I DID NOT want to go back to church. 
 
As always, I was glad that I did.  If for no other reason, the pastor referenced this passage...
 
 
" But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my Glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the Lord with my voice and He heard me from His Holy Hill!"
Psalm 3:3-4
 
 
Boy did I need to hear that.  So I guess I want to say thank You, Lord, for rolling me out of bed this afternoon and into Your house. Even when my mind is so confused and flooded with turmoil, You come to me where I am and speak to my heart.
 
And for that, I am thankful.

No comments: