Sunday, October 14, 2012

sunday thoughts...

Well, I have to say, my weekend was great!  It began with a nice, long drive (with music blasting) to Lake Keowee.  My friend and I took a walk and then had dinner at The Lighthouse on the water.  (That's a whole different post...it was amazing!)  When we returned from dinner, we watched "Hunger Games"  and  "Just Go With It."   So, a little drama coupled with HUH-larious!   I crawled into bed in a very, very quiet room ALONE around midnight.   And I drifted off into the most peaceful sleep.   No kids.   No noise.   Quiet. 

In other words, Heaven.

I actually slept in Saturday morning until 8:45!  I wandered into the kitchen and gorged myself with a big bowl of fruit, turkey/cheese/pepper/tomato/cheese omelet and toast.  Mmmm.  After that, I packed up my stuff and drove home.  Saturday night I went to CAROLINA ALE HOUSE with my bestie and got trampled on  walked around Fall for Greenville downtown.  The perfect ending to a perfect two days.

This morning, dad and I took Preston to church.  The pastor shared a couple of verses that spoke to me.


"Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness."
Psalm 37:3
 
"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him."
Psalm 37:7a
 
 
You probably recognize the passage.  My heart needed to hear both of these verses this morning.  Especially the last one.  Rest.  I need to do more of that. 
 
 
Although I am not working this week, I will definitely not be resting.  It's DISNEY week!!!  Woohoo!  We are leaving on Tuesday and I am really excited.  Mainly for JP.  It's a little bittersweet for me.  I fully intend to have a blast with my friends, but I will miss my family.  And I'm sad that they cannot come.  Thank goodness for technology, because they will not have to miss JP walking into the Magic Kingdom!!   And trust me, that will be a sight!
 
Well, I guess that's all for now.  Obviously this post is dedicated to those BORED people out there who are losing massive amounts of sleep at night wondering what exactly Andrea did with herself all weekend!
 
Hopefully this will put your mind at ease.
 

No comments: