Thursday, October 4, 2012

pete the cat

Me and my tiny LOVE, Preston!
 
 
 
The above picture has absolutely NOTHING to do with this post.  I brought my camera over to mom and dad's tonight to update/download and erase some pictures.  Preston immediately latched on to my leg , (as he often does to everyone who walks past him when he's sleepy), and started saying, "Cheese!"  Naturally, I HAD to take our picture!  I love this little miracle baby!  He is growing so fast.
 
Now, for the real reason I wanted to write tonight.  Anyone who knows me knows that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE children's books.  All children's books.  I have collected them since I was in high school.  I have seriously been to Barnes and Noble and sat in the children's section and read through the books. Alone.  Most of you know that mom and I (pretty much) completed a manuscript for our own book before summer.  I have not been able to tweak it due to the crazy events in my life at this time.  But, I do look forward to putting the final touches on it and beginning the search for an agent.  ANYWAY, my newest obsession in this genre is...
 
 
Pete the Cat!!!  You do not have to be the fanatic that I am to enjoy this book. If you have not read it, I suggest you do!  It is so cute.  Every book that Eric Litwin writes has a CD with it and is written to a song.  He has several books.  He is brilliant.  They are fun to read and each story has a moral to it in the end.  In this book, Pete is walking along in his white shoes and steps in a variety of messes.  Each mess he steps in turns his shoes a different color.  At the end of the book he steps in a puddle of water and his shoes go back to being white.  The moral?  IN LIFE, NO MATTER WHAT YOU WALK THROUGH JUST KEEP "WALKING ALONG AND SINGING YOUR SONG....BECAUSE IT'S ALL GOOD!" 
 
 
We read this story to our class in circle time today.  While most of our students are not able to understand the words, they certainly spoke to me.  I feel like I have been walking around in a big pile of  $%#! lately.  I needed this reminder from good 'ole Pete!  No matter what trials I am facing, in the end I KNOW that God will restore me and rinse me of all the pain that I am clothed in.  And I will eventually be a better person because of it.  Because HE is all good!
 
 
 
 


And this is the next book I REALLY, REALLY want by this author!  I've read it, of course, but I would love to have it in my collection.  It is super cute!  Hopefully in the near future I will be able to buy it!  It is not expensive, but when you are saving money left and right, unfortunately there is little room in my "wants" category for spending.  But, one day I WILL have it. :)
 
Well, I guess that's it for tonight.   It's 10:00pm.  I should really get some sleep.  I'm excited because tomorrow's Friday!!!  TGIF!

No comments: