Friday, June 7, 2013

choosing to see


This is a wonderful book.  I would recommend it to anyone.  But, if you are currently experiencing a trial in your life, it is a MUST.  For those of you that may not know, Mary Beth Chapman is married to Christian Artist, Steven Curtis Chapman.  Over the course of time, they have adopted three little girls from China.  Unfortunately they lost their little Maria in a tragic accident.  This book is a product of that storm. 

Steven Curtis Chapman can be found anywhere you look in the world of contemporary Christian music.  A very well known artist.  The part I enjoyed most about this book was learning so much about the woman behind this public figure.  Throughout the pages, she shares with readers everything from her childhood to her struggles as an adult.  I have always been a fan of SCC's music, but while reading this book their family became so real to me.  So normal.  Or, I should actually say, not so normal.  Just like the rest of us!  And then she shares the story of Maria. 

Their loss.

This was where it got good.  I am not going to share the content of her story.  You need to read that for yourself.  Below are a few of the quotes that really struck a chord with me when I read them:

"A person who lives by faith must proceed on incomplete evidence, trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse."  Philip Yancey
 
"Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory."  William Barclay  (This one is highlighted because it is my absolute favorite!)
 
"There is nothing we can do with suffering except to suffer it."  C.S. Lewis
 
 
Now, go buy the book!  (Or call me and you can borrow mine....)
 
 
"After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."  1 Peter 5:10
 
 
Today marked the first day of our summer vacation!  I am so excited!  I went to lunch with a few of my coworkers.  We enjoyed LOTS of chips, salsa and laughs together! 
 


 

Boy, I'm gonna miss these crazy ladies!
 
The rest of the afternoon, JP and I were lazy around the pool.
 


 


HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!  We are having a pool party tomorrow morning/afternoon...stay tuned for a recap in pictures!!  I LOVE SUMMER!


No comments: