Monday, June 24, 2013

my reviews

THE KROC CENTER  - Greenville






Okay, in case you're wondering THIS is my NEW all-time favorite place to take the children in Greenville.  The pictures are not that great.  I was afraid of my phone getting wet.  Next time we go, I will take my Nikon camera.  LOL, if it gets wet, I'll survive...however, who can live without their Smart Phone?! 

The Kroc Center is located near downtown Greenville off Academy Street on Westview Street.  The Center is run by the Salvation Army and is named after a couple who invested their time and finances in the organization. 

Here are a few things you need to know before you go:
  1. Call first.  I learned the hard way that the pool area (where you will most likely spend your time) does not always open early.  The morning we went, it opened at 11:30.
  2. Take a change of clothes.  Inside the pool area, there are lockers for your personal belongings and very large family restrooms with showers.  After you swim, you'll want to utilize this area.  There is no need in driving home with wet children in the car!
  3. Wear your bathing suit.  Or at least clothes you do not mind getting wet.  The "playground"  is in the front part of the swimming area immersed in about 1ft of water.  If you have small children, you will most probably wade in this part of the water the majority of the time.  And you WILL get wet!  Water sprays from all over the place!  Not to mention it is just a lot of fun and you'll want to get in the water with your kiddos.
  4. Take your child's flotation devices.  This is not required due to the amount of shallow water, but if you have a child who is not a seasoned swimmer, you will definitely want them protected.  There are a lot of other children there, and if for no other reason, it will give you peace of mind.  (We did not use them, but I believe they have life vests available.) 
  5. Olympic size pool.  There is an Olympic size swimming pool.  Children have to be accompanied by an adult in the water OR they have the option of taking a "swim test." If your child uses swimmies/life vest etc. they WILL NOT be allowed to swim in the pool unattended.
  6. Lifeguards.  There are two lifeguards that monitor the play area and one who monitors the water slide.  I believe you have to be 48" tall to ride the slide.  It looks REALLY COOL!
  7. Other amenities.  Other than the pool, there is a basketball gym, an exercise room, aerobics and several other activities available. I am not educated on all that is offered, we only used the pool. 
  8. Prices.  It costs $6 a head to use the pool.  3 years old and under is FREE.  Yes, you have to pay even if  you sit on the side and supervise your swimmers.  (Trust me, you won't do that!)  There are packages and discounts available as well as all day passes.  When we went, I bought a FIVE visit pass for $28. 
As you can tell I HIGHLY recommend the Kroc Center.  It is VERY clean and well organized.  I would choose this over one of the (dirty) water parks in town any day! 


    My best friend, Kerri, and I took our boys to see Monsters University Saturday afternoon.  It was a really cute movie.  I won't tell you too much about it.  The title is pretty self explanatory.  The Monsters try to make it to "Scare School."  Enough said.  If I were passing out stars, I would probably give it 3 out of 5.  JP and Andrew, on the other hand, would give it 5.  So, if your goal is to please your children, DEFINITELY GO.  They will love it.  If YOU are going anticipating an adult laugh like Toy Story, Shrek, or CARS, save your money and rent it at the Red Box!
    I guess that's it!  Here are a few pictures from today...







    We spent time in the pool this morning and at the library this afternoon.  All of this AFTER taking Preston to the doctor this morning to find out that he has an ear AND sinus infection!  UGH!  Although, as you can see in the pictures, he felt HORRIBLE all day! 

    Goodnight, guys!  HAPPY TUESDAY...
     

No comments: