Monday, August 6, 2007

Update

I will post pictures of the baby tonight when JP goes to bed. He loved seeing his daddy this morning. He no longer calls him "Da Da," he is saying "daddy" now! It does Scott's heart good. Scott did not want me to take pictures of him right now. He is not really at his best. BUT I have some of JP in the room playing. And, of course, he's model material!! hehe

The colon surgeon who built Scott's J Pouch (when he had his colon removed) came in today. He is going to put him to sleep Wednesday afternoon to "explore" his pouch and see what's going on in there. He may or may not have to cut on him. We are praying that he will not. Scott's already very sore from his neck surgery. ANYWAY, we are STILL waiting on the neck results--when the surgeon gets those, he will decide what he wants to do about the mass behind his pouch.

They have ruled out any kind of infectious disease. They are telling us that we are looking at PROBABLY either lymphoma OR inflammation/infection. Obviously we are praying for the latter! But either way, they are both treatable. God will do His part in taking care of his body. We are just trying to remain positive. I am currently thanking God that He allowed this to happen AFTER we had JP home and happy. He is great medicine for both of us right now.

So, this is not the way I had planned to spend my maternity leave, but we are doing okay!

I will do my best to post the pics tonight and keep everyone updated as much as possible.

10 comments:

Janet03 said...

Andrea,
Just wanted to let you know we're thinking of ya'll and praying for Scott to soon be well. I put ya'll on our prayer list at church. Stay strong!
Janet

LouLou said...

Andrea,
We are all praying for God to heal Scott's body WHATEVER it is. We love you guys so much, and I just wish I was there to come give you a big hug. You tell Scott I said to stay strong. He is meant to be JP's Daddy, and he will be fine! Please don't hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING!!! I can drive to South Carolina if I need to!!!!

we love you!

Rose said...

Praying for Scott! You sound so good and I know JP is the best medicine. I'll be checking back with you! Rose

Rose said...

Praying for Scott! You sound so good and I know JP is the best medicine. I'll be checking back with you! Rose

Unknown said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope things will turn around for Scott soon.

theowensclan said...

Andrea, I hope everything goes well Wednesday. I had hoped that Scott would be home for J.P.'s birthday. Hopefully you'll still get to celebrate. Even if it's in the hospital room. Let us know when Scott is up to having visitors.

Whitney said...

Wow, what a trial to enter just as you complete the trial of an adoption process! Praying for you and Scott,a miraculous healing and for wisdom for his doctors.

I just read you comment on my blog. I remember reading a post on yours about how JP was the bully (or something similar) of the kids at EN. There are definitely two groups of kids there, the rough ones, where Ellie falls, and the relaxed. Ellie runs with two boys, a little older, that are rough, too. I can totally picture JP rounding out the little gang! :)

DeAnna said...

God has brought you to my mind several times the last couple days and I have been praying for you guys!! I will continue to pray that God heals Scott completely and that He gives you strength as well.

jajbs said...

I will be praying for all of you. It is such a trial to go through after the adoption, but God is faithful! Keeping you in our prayers and thoughts!

Amanda

Anne said...

I think of you all every day, and I check often to see how Scott is doing (I know J. P. is doing fine in his new home and is MUCH LOVED by everyone, as it should be). We're sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Anne