Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Laugh if you will.......

I found myself watching Oprah again yesterday. She had Jim Carrey and Carol Burnett on as guests. It was pretty funny for the most part. However, ONCE AGAIN, towards the end of the program she introduced viewers to the newest book she is endorsing for her book club. In fact, she is doing an ENTIRE class/workshop on the "spiritual" teachings in this book. It's called "A New Earth." After the show was over I went and looked up the book on the internet. I wasn't so shocked at what I found---the entire first chapter is how the world began, (according to this author.) He makes numerous references to Jesus and Buddah. They apparently were teachers/philosophers/messengers a long time ago. He grouped them together because they are alike....right?!

Don't worry, I'm not going to get on my soapbox, but I will tell you that I wrote her a letter and I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow. This is the part I fully expect you to laugh at me for! It's okay....just join me in praying that it actually reaches her. It's not at all ugly---I don't believe in Christians sending "hate" mail that preaches hell,fire and brimstone. I just let her know that the book is wrong in it's teaching and that God has a plan for her life. With her influence, if she experienced Jesus, (the REAL "high power" she refers to often), she could rock the Christian world. I also told her that there were lost people out there who hang on her every word.

Now, will it get to her? Who knows. If it does, will she even care? Doubt it. STILL, I wrote it because I felt led to. Who knows, maybe one day I can appear as a guest on her show!! hehehehe

3 comments:

theowensclan said...

More power to you!! No laughing here. This is clearly NOT a laughing matter. I do hope the letter reaches her and has an impact. I will lift this up in prayer and pray that God does a great work through Oprah's influence, in a possitive way!!

JulieMom101 said...

I have written to her before, too, so I'm not laughing. The problem I have now is that she is actively leading people away from Christ. What so many don't understand is that you CANNOT call yourself a Christian and also believe New Age theories. But that is exactly what Satan is trying to do with this stuff! I can't tell you the number of professing Christians who are buying the books she promotes and are taking her words to heart. ARGH!

starzy18 said...

Definately not a laughing matter. People do hang on to every word that she says. More power to you!