Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oprah

Okay, I will not use my blog as a means to debate or argue my beliefs, but I HAVE to ask.....did you see Oprah today??? Are you kidding me???? She had three women there who were discussing how you can "get whatever you want out of life." The majority of the talk was based on the book "The Secret." It's basically a New Age book that promotes the "higher power" within you. I feel like I can say that because I have read it. I was curious.

Anyway, the women encouraged people to make a "visual chart" with pictures of things that they wanted in life. After looking at them day after day, the Law of Gravity would bring it their way.

Again, I say.....WHAT?!!?!! In addition to the forces of the air sending these gifts, you have the power to control your destiny. It's funny to me, because they swear by this. I guess it only works for some people though. I mean, I had pictures of JP hanging everywhere in my house and I can promise you that I stared at them LONG AND HARD!!!! It still didn't bring him here any faster. I hate making fun of things, and I know it's wrong, but it was the craziest thing I have ever heard. If it were true, we all would have what we long for! And honestly, I don't want to be in control of my destiny/future.....what a mess I would make of it! I'm perfectly happy with God being in that role.

I just thought I would share. It is amazing to me that something that crazy was aired on national television.

7 comments:

jajbs said...

I agree with you. I think it is just a sign of the times in which we are living. Crazy!!!

amanda

JulieMom101 said...

Well, we can giggle about it but the scary thing is the amount of influence Oprah has over our culture. Many people look at her - her success, the good she does - and they want that. Then they listen to whatever she says and take it as truth. The Gospel According to Oprah. Hhmmm...

Have a great weekend!
Julie

starzy18 said...

I didn't see Oprah, but that sounds CRAZY! Oprah does have a big influence on people.

Katie said...

Amen !! I am right with you !!

Rose said...

Thats why I don't watch Oprah anymore...she is nuts along with all the other hollyweird people!! :)

theowensclan said...

And why does anybody watch or listen to Oprah? I am so glad the women I know do not think this way. In a way, this praying for material goods - except you are not praying to God. I wonder who answers these types of prayer that tell us we do not need God to be in charge? Hmmmm....- Dave

Andrea said...

Thanks for posting, Dave!! I agree with you. She's NOT the gospel I'm reading....