Monday, February 4, 2008

Love Them Like Jesus

Casting Crowns wrote a song, "Love Them Like Jesus." I won't write the lyrics down, but basically the song talks about people who are going through tough times. As Christians, we don't always know what to say to them. We don't always know the answers. I feel like I NEVER do! The good news is we don't have to. We're not suppose to. We are only suppose to love them the way Jesus would.

I'm sure you're wondering where this is coming from.....

Tonight, Kathi and I hung out with our friend who recently lost her little boy. When she called me this afternoon and told us we could come over, I was a little nervous. How do you "hang out" with a mother who's just lost her four year old? Before heading over to her house, we made a mental list of all the things we could talk about. Things that did not relate to Tyler, however, once we arrived we forgot about our list. To my surprise, it was a very comfortable and relaxed visit. We sat around her living room and talked/laughed. Yes, she laughed. Before we left we held hands and prayed together.

I cannot relate to the pain that Kristen is feeling. But I can love her the way Jesus would. I can take her dinner. I can bring her PEOPLE magazines and suspense novels to keep her mind busy. I can send her text messages just to let her know that she's on my heart.

I can pray with her.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're such a good friend, Andrea. I'm so glad you guys went to see Kristen. I'm sure she was glad to have you guys to talk to.

starzy18 said...

Wow! What a powerful night! I know Kristen was so happy to have you two there tonight! She has been in my prayers.