Saturday, February 9, 2008

Women Of Flesh

Several weeks ago I told you that I felt God leading me into a new direction. Well, I want to share with you what that is...

It began as just a thought. I have several friends who are active in a Bible study group, and honestly I have been a little envious of them. I began to pray that God would provide some sort of group that I could be a part of--not a church, but a group of women who love each other, are honest with one another and who share their lives with one another. I'm not sure if I expected God to drop them down from the sky into my lap, or what, but nothing happened. SO, I was driving to work one morning, (my favorite prayer time), and it hit me.....God said, "If you want to be a part of a Bible study group so bad, why don't you start one." I had never thought of that. That's all it took--- the flood gates opened up and I was emersed in ideas!

I have been spending time on my knees and in the Word since then. The end result? I am starting an organization. Yes, you heard me....an organization. You have probably heard of "Women of Faith." The group of about 8 or 10 women who travel the nation leading conferences etc..? Well, I feel God wants me to start a group along those same lines. Rather than Women of Faith, we are "Women of Flesh!" A much more accurate description of me! Our motto? "Striving for the Spirit while suriving in the world!" God has given me the names of 8 women who will serve on the leadership team. These women will prepare Bible lessons, food, music..etc... Who is invited to the Bible study? EVERYONE!!!!!

We are meeting for the first time as a leadership team today. I will be anxious to share all of the details when we prayerfully decide on them. There will be a "Women of Flesh" blog that I would love for you to check out. When it is up and running, I will post the address on my sidebar. This is where you will find out meeting times and locations. Again, I am PUMPED up about this!! We are ALL overcome by our flesh daily. This is the place where you can come and HONESTLY be who you really are and find love, compassion and support. And most importantly we will seek God's strength and guidence in destroying the "flesh woman" inside of us!

I will ask for your prayers. I'm stepping WAY out of my comfort zone to pursue this. I will need all the help I can get!

2 comments:

starzy18 said...

How exciting! I'm very happy for you and will pray for you.

jajbs said...

This is AWESOME!! I wish I lived near you. I would love the read the blog! I will also be praying for you... great job stepping OUT!!!


amanda