Monday, April 23, 2012

book review


I read this book about five years ago.  If you peeked inside the pages today, you would find just about every other sentence of every other paragraph highlighted.  You would also find notes from my pen on just about every page.


This is an incredible book!  If you have not read it, I strongly suggest that you do. 


I like to call it my manual for positive thinking.  No matter what your situation is, Lucado has a word for you in this one.  I will admit that I am a little biased when it comes to this particular author.  He has an amazing way with words, phrases and descriptions.  If you haven't had the blessing of reading Lucado's books, here is a list of a few of my favorites:



  • No Wonder They Call Him the Savior
  • In the Eye of the Storm
  • Six Hours One Friday
  • Just Like Jesus
  • Traveling Light


And those are just a few.  If you want my opinion on which one to begin with, definitely go with 1 or 2 on my above list.  There is one chapter in No Wonder They Call Him the Savior  entitled,  The Tale Of the Crucified Crook.  I have read this chapter so many times, I actually have parts of it memorized!  Seriously...it's THAT good!


Let me know what you think!



No comments: