Friday, April 27, 2012

quick, cheap, simple recipe for the super mom on-the-go


I know how you feel.  Your alarm went of at an ungodly hour this morning and you reluctantly slid yourself out of the bed.  It would be one thing if you had only yourself to get ready for the day!  But YOU ARE A MOM!


The last thing you want to worry about is what you're going to cook for dinner.  If you truly were a "Super-woman", you would already have your meals cooked and stored in the freezer for the entire week.  But, we all know that's not happening!  (If you are awesome enough to work full-time AND  pull that off, my hat's off to you!  Seriously.)


However, that's NOT me!  I'm the "stop by the store on the way home"  kinda gal.  If you can relate, I want to share a SUPER easy, SUPER quick, SUPER cheap recipe with you.  ( I shared this on a previous blog that I have since deleted.)


Are you ready for this?  You won't even need to write this one down.  It's THAT simple.


  1. Get out your crock pot
  2. Put enough water in just to cover the bottom of the pot
  3. Add (desired amount of) frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts
  4. Pour 1 bottle of BBQ sauce over the chicken
  5. Add 1 can of Coke
  6. Set crock pot on LOW for 7 to 8 hours


When you walk in the door from work, your house will smell DIVINE and your dinner will be ready to serve!  I threw a couple of baking potatoes in the microwave, heated up some vegetables and tossed a roll on the plate!


Don't forget the sweet tea!





No comments: