Gatlinburg Town Square is located on a side road about two blocks off the main "drag" in downtown Gatlinburg.
Our resort from the outside.
Pretty fountain outside that JP wanted to swim in!
We normally stay in Pigeon Forge when we go to Tennessee. I have to say, though, this was one of my favorite locations. I thought that I would list a few of my likes and dislikes about the resort.
- The location - if you drive almost to the end of the main road in Gatlinburg, the resort is located on Historic Nature Trail road about two blocks from all the action. This was awesome b/c you can REALLY save on gas. Scott and I walked everywhere we went. The only time we got into the car was when we drove into Pigeon Forge.
- The resort was very clean. Spotless would be a better word.
- The staff was very friendly. There were several times during the weekend when we needed things, or had questions. Each time we spoke with a front desk attendant, they were not only very helpful, they were very nice! That goes a long way.
- The grounds were fairly quiet. Although we were there during a holiday weekend, the noises were kept to a minimum. It was nice.
- There was a fire place in the room and a heat/air unit so we were in control of the settings.
- In addition to an indoor/outdoor pool and basketball courts, there was a ping pong table, corn-hole, and a hot tub. Behind the pool, they had several grills for your "grilling pleasure" along with picnic tables. These were located alongside a beautiful Tennessee river.
- Our room was a studio condo. As you can see in the pictures, EVERYTHING was in one room. If Scott and I had been there alone, it would have been perfect. However, it got sort of crowded with a five year old in the room!
- In the studio condo, there was no stove. Again, for the amount of time we were there, it did not pose too much of a problem. I would DEFINITELY not stay more than a few days. The amount of money you spend on eating out is ridiculous!
- The beds in our room were the WORST beds I have ever slept on!! They were so hard. The pull-out couch was unbearable. JP (being as light as he is) woke up more than once each night wanting in our bed. When we go back, we'll book at least a one bedroom and pray that the beds are softer!
Well, that's pretty much it. Overall, we had a very enjoyable time!