Tuesday, April 17, 2012

update

My plan was to upload some super cute pictures of the boys from this weekend. However, it is AFTER 10:00 and I am POOPED!



I thought that I would share the latest update on our children's book....



After COUNTLESS editing, revision, and re-writing sessions, our manuscript is finally ready for send off! It has taken us TWO WEEKS to write our query letter. For those of you who may not be familiar with what a query letter is, basically it is a letter you write to an agent or publisher requesting permission to submit your manuscript. In our case, we are sending ours to an agent. After LOTS of prayerful consideration and professional advice, mom and I decided it was worth it to allow an agent to do the leg-work in finding a publisher for us.



So, tomorrow I am printing off the letter and mailing it with a SASE! The only thing we'll have left to do is W.A.I.T! I cannot tell you what this is doing to my stomach! This particular agency tells you to allow 6 to 8 weeks for a response. I am preparing myself for a rejection letter. Everything I have read says to brace yourself for numerous rejections.


We'll see what happens! Please keep us in your prayers. This would truly be a dream come true for the both of us!

No comments: