Wednesday, November 28, 2012

3 things

1)  Blogger is not allowing me to upload pictures right now.  I'm not sure why, but it does this periodically.  I have a really cute one of the boys that I wanted to post.  I'll try again later and hopefully it will work, so check back! 

2)  I have a new phone on order.  I had a picture of that too.  Boo!  Anyway, I am FINALLY getting rid of my slider phone.  It's old, outdated and doesn't have a media plan.  I do not care a THING about any of those, but according to my friends and family, I need one.  So, my dad was kind enough (because he loves me so much) to order a smart phone for me.  I got a text the other day telling me that it was on back order.  When it comes in, I will let you know.  Mainly because those of you who call or text me regularly will have to be patient with me.  I will be seriously out of my comfort zone with this thing.  I've seen one like what I ordered and it is super nice, but I'm thinking it will take me a while to get accustomed to it.  We'll see.  I'm sure JP can show me how to use it...he's my little tech-nerd!

3)  I wanted to apologize to those of you who had the misfortune of reading last night's post.  I re-read it and MAN, it was negative!!  While I am apologizing, I did remind myself that I use this blog as a journal.  Obviously, I cannot (or will not) post my most intimate thoughts and feelings for privacy reasons, but I began this blog to chronicle my life and happenings around me.  For five years I have done that and I am not going to stop now.  So, unfortunately, that means that those who follow me get the GOOD, the BAD and sometimes the UGLY!  That's just the way it is.  I hope I do not scare anyone away!  The good news is that often times it is through the BAD and the UGLY that God speaks to me the most.  And trust me, we've had LOTS of conversations lately!  There is a lot going on in my world right now that I do not understand.  Nothing makes sense.  Thankfully, my God tells me that He, " 'knows the plans I have for you,'  declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "  Jeremiah 29:11. 

God doesn't harm you.  We do that to one another.  We are sinful people living in a sinful world and there are going to be times when we hurt and experience pain.  Times when things around us will not make sense.  It is during this time that the Holy Spirit whispers a reminder to me that I am a "foreigner in this world..."   ( 2 Peter 2:11 )  I have found that if I keep that fact in the forefront of my mind, (which is difficult to do), it makes the valleys seem a little less deep.  Temporary.  Because this is not our home.


WOW.  Number three got a little deeper than I had planned!  Oh well, maybe someone needed to hear that.  Other than me.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday....and then comes FRIDAY!! 

No comments: