Saturday, November 3, 2012

bring on the rain - jo dee messina

"Another day has almost come and gone
Can't imagine what else could go wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war ('cause)

[Chorus:]
Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It's almost like the hard times circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
And I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead, no ('cause)
[Chorus]

I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight ('cause)

Tomorrow's another day
And I am not afraid

So bring on the rain "

The emphasis are mine.  I have decided that this is my new theme song.  I was taking a nap today while my sweet son rested in front of the television.  I was COMPLETELY covered (even my head) under a blanket...well, it MIGHT have been a Gamecock Snuggie....but, I digress!  I was listening to my iPod and this song came on.  I must have listened to it 10 times!  These lyrics could not describe my life more perfectly right now.  The ONLY part that doesn't quite pertain to me is the not crying part..LOL.  I definitely do that.  But, these waves I am swimming around in at this moment are not going to drown me.  Tomorrow is another day. 

And one of these tomorrows, I am going to wake up the person God is fashioning me to be through these trials.

Now, your homework is to go to YouTube RIGHT NOW and listen to this song.






 

No comments: