Monday, October 28, 2013

pawley's island

We had a wonderful weekend on the Island.  As always, it was a much needed break from reality.  I was sort of like a dog this (Sunday) morning, driving down the frontage road with the windows down and the sun roof up...I almost hung my head out the window to let the wind blow through my hair!  Literally... there is little in life that compares to the smell of salt air.  At least in my opinion there isn't.  Heaven.

I took these pictures this morning while a lot of you were in church!  (Smile!)  My sanctuary looked better than yours.  Just sayin'.



Again, we had such a nice time.  Jackson and JP had a lot of fun on the way down... Megan and I were ready to start drinking after four hours in the car with them, but we survived!  As you can see, pictured above, JP lost another tooth.  He is growing up way too fast for me!

This week is a busy one for me.  I am teaching THREE days, which I try NOT to do.  I am a sucker for certain schools, I guess.  I get caught up doing "favors" for people.  (wink, mom)  I have a quiz, a test and a research paper this week.  Eeek!  It will all work out.  I will just have to take another mini vacation when it's done to recover... Poor me, right?

My Thursday night writing class is over.  I am so sad about that... I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I completed (well, almost) my manuscript for the first children's book.  It will be ready to be shipped off (hopefully) by next week.  My instructor had a GREAT idea for one part of the story, so mom and I need to re-write the small part.  It shouldn't be a big deal.  I am super excited!!

Well, I gotta run take my test... I will leave you with a few more beach pics.

 This would be me and Megan relaxing on the beach. A perfect evening...

 And a perfect sunset

 JP was pooped... Gracie is a Clemson fan, so we dressed her in South Carolina attire for the night!  GO COCKS!!  (Hal is burning a hole through the back of my head b/c he said he was tired of feeling like the paparazzi was following him around!  LOL )  Oh well, too bad!

 We found TONS of starfish... JP loved it!



 JP, Jackson and Hal throwing the cage in to catch crabs



Love these two!  I am so blessed.
 
 
HAPPY MONDAY, friends!  

No comments: