Thursday, October 31, 2013

keisha kirkland


It was all over the news today.  "Local news personality loses her battle with cancer."  It is definitely a sad day for her family and friends.  I did not realize that her daughter was so young.  Cancer is such a terrible disease.  I am saddened for the Kirkland family.  It is a great loss and my prayer is that God will show His face daily and allow them to feel His presence and experience peace in their lives.

Having said all of that, I have to share with you my initial reaction to the article on the WYFF4 website.  Keisha Kirkland "loses"  her battle with cancer.  Really?!  While her time on this Earth certainly came to an end, I would have to disagree...

 "As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God.  The time of my death is near.  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.  And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return."  2 Timothy 4:6-8

From where I sit, she definitely won.


No comments: