Saturday, February 10, 2007


1) I was reminded of the time in the Bible when satan went to God and asked if he could test Job. Job was faithful and satan wanted to prove to God that Job would turn from Him and blame Him for the disaster in his life. God allowed satan to take away his family, his posessions, and his money. Everything he had. Job remained faithful. He questioned, but he remained faithful. In the end, God was also faithful. He always is. ---If satan is testing us, I hate to disappoint him, but all this trial is going to do to my faith is make it stronger!

2) God protects us from things. He sees the big picture. He may just be protecting us from something that we are not able to see.

3) When God answers prayers, He answers in a way that is best for EVERYONE. Not just Andrea and Scott. Maybe He's answering Gloria's prayer. Gloria is the sweet lady in the children's home that LOVES my baby! She is sort of like a mother to him until he comes home. Maybe God is being gracious to her and not sending JP home until another baby comes along to take his place in her heart.

God does not get His kicks out of watching us cry. It doesn't make Him happy to see us upset and unhappy. In knowing that, I know that whatever He's doing, it has to be bigger and better than what we are expecting. (Jeremiah 29:11) Hopefully He'll allow us to see, in our lifetime, what He's doing. If not, then that's okay too! We will continue to trust Him. I also know that God only allows trials to come to those He trusts to handle them in a way that would bring glory to Him. If he trusts me with this trial, I do not want to let Him down. It's too big of a job. I will take it as a compliment. I may be sad on some days. I may cry. I may not want to talk all the time. But ultimately I will thank him!

I love ya'll and thank you so much for your support and prayers!

4 comments:

LouLou said...

Andrea,
I am so glad I found your blog. God sent you to write just what I needed to hear (read)! He uses us all to help each other along the way, and I feel so blessed to have come into contact with so many good, uplifting, Christian mommies! Together we can all pray these babies home. I will pray for your little one every day! JP is precious!

God bless you, and may he let JP fly through PGN on angel's wings!

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea!
I'm a friend of Lou's & found your blog through Lou's site. I'm not adopting a baby, but I am so encouraged by all of you that are. I love to see God working in all our lives, and your blog is a wonderful example of that. You are all in my prayers!
Daisy

Kim said...

God is there through all things. Sometimes it's hard to see it - or believe it. It sounds like your faith is strong. He is with you always!

Rebecca said...

Andrea,

Your post today was such an inspiration to me. I have been so very sad the last few days. I am feeling better now and after reading your post, it reminded me that I need to give the wheel back to God and stop trying to drive this. It is SO hard but it is what we are supposed to do. I know that God knows everything and he has his reasons for things even though we may not understand them. Thank goodness our babies are being taken care of by very loving foster moms. We are SO very lucky in that respect.

I hope our babies are home very soon! Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

HUGS, Rebecca