Friday, February 23, 2007

Change IS Good, but Change IS Also Difficult!

I am sad today. I guess I have felt sad the past several days. Several of my "blogmom" friends have exited PGN this past week. While I am SUPER excited for them, I can't help but be a little disappointed that we're not out--or back in for that matter. All I have to do it wait. And pray.

Another milestone took place in our lives this week. Scott and I decided to be obedient to God's call and move our membership to another church. There is a new church that has formed in Easley and God began tugging at our hearts SEVERAL months ago to move in that direction. We weren't ready. We have been loved, supported, and lifted up in prayer by our current church family and we were not ready to leave. We chose to ignore God--until now. Through prayer and a STRONG sense of the Holy Spirit, we are moving. It is extremely hard. I hope that our church family knows and understands that the only reason we are leaving is because God has asked us to. Choices are not involved. Scott and I know our purpose in this world--to help build the Kingdom of God and to glorify Him. While it is bittersweet to make this change, we are confident that the Lord will bless our efforts to do His will! We love and thank ALL who have supported us through our adoption process and have absolutely NO INTENTION of cutting "ties" with anyone. Everyone will meet this precious baby they've prayed for. We just will no longer have the opportunity to minister and worship under the same roof. Friendships DO NOT have to end.

While I am thankful for my trials, this has been alot to handle all at one time. I am very grateful to my God for carrying me through!! He is truly faithful! I love You, Father!

Once again our camera did not come. I will look forward to posting pictures AS SOON as it arrives! God Bless!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Boy, do I know how you feel. It's been a rough few days for me, too. I know that this is all in HIS timing, but it's still a struggle.

I know it's scary to change churches- we're worried what will happen if we move back to CO. We LOVE our church and our pastors, and would hate to leave them. But, if He leads you there, it will be wonderful! All in His name!

Bekah said...

Hi, I just found your blog through others I recently discovered. Just wanted to say that I will be praying you hear good news soon. We are also waiting for our baby to come home from Guatemala. It's a hard journey but I am thankful the Lord is carrying us through. Blessings, Bekah