Sunday, February 18, 2007

God's Word Is Real--EVEN In the Bathtub!

My hands are very wrinkled as I type this. I have a habit of staying in the bathtub FAR too long. I begin by turning on just the hot water. When it runs completely cold, I run more. It normally takes about 10 minutes just to sit down. I slide down so that the water comes up over my shoulders. Almost immediately I feel the tension release from my neck. I LOVE IT!!! Right now, I'm sure every one's wondering if I am going to write a love scene from a dirty romance novel, or something that actually pertains to all of us. I PROMISE it's the latter!! My point is simply that some of my favorite times with God actually take place in the bathtub. I am the most relaxed. I shut the door to keep the "world" out, (Sorry Scott!) and I clear my mind. Often times I have a great prayer time there. Today, my tub companion was Beth Moore. I am reading her book, "Jesus. The One and Only." The chapter I read today was about Jesus and His compassion for His people. She refers to the time when Jesus and His disciples traveled to the town of Nain. When they arrived, they witnessed a funeral procession. Jesus watched as a widow mother followed the casket of her young son. His heart went out to her. She was so enveloped in her own grief (naturally) that she did not even notice Him. He walked over to her, "felt compassion for her" and said, "Don't cry!" Jesus then walked over to the casket and touched it. "Young man, I say to you, 'Get up!'" We all know what happened next. The dead boy got up.

What does this have to do with all of us? I'll tell you what I believe God told me. Jesus cares that we're crying. He cares that we feel as if a part of us is missing. It hurts Him deeply when we weep. When Jesus encountered this women, His knee-jerk reaction was to put an end to her suffering. So He did. This is what He wants to do for us. We all are suffering and longing to have our babies home with us. Jesus could reach into PGN (or whatever stage we are in) and bring it to a close. It would be easy for Him to do. The ONLY reason He has not done that is because there is a plan that has to be carried out. If He stepped in and put a stop to it, the plan would not be fulfilled. There's a part of me that doesn't care, I just want Him to put a stop to it anyway!! The other part of me, however, cannot fathom what God MUST have in store for us. It will be awesome, or He would not allow us to hurt! Now, in knowing this, am I not going to cry anymore? No! Am I going to walk around with a happy smile on my face singing "God is so good?" No! Am I going to not want to get up out of the bed Tuesday morning and go to work? Absolutely!! But, I will. The morning still comes. I still have to go to work. I still have to be a wife, friend and a daughter. Each day I will give my emotions over to God and ask Him for His Strength. He'll give me just enough to get by. He always does.

I hope that this post brings comfort and encouragement to all the adoptive moms who read it. And to those who are not adoptive moms. It should encourage ALL who belong to God. Thank you for logging in to my blog! Let's be anxious for what God has in store!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Great post! I don't know that I could make it one day through this process without knowing that God was walking right next to me the entire time. I know that He uses our weaknesses for His plan.

I wish I had a bigger bathtub- ours it too small for me to enjoy. If I had a garden tub, then I would love it.

Unknown said...

I did that Bible study by Beth Moore too. It really is awesome!
Thanks for always sharing your heart. Your words are beautiful and a true encouragement.
We're praying for your family.
Daisy

starzy18 said...

You always write great inspirationals! I can only imagine what you are going through and everyday you amaze me! I have such a high respect for you and your faith! When I read through your blogs and see how you turn the negatives into positives, it just blows my mind. You are so strong. I know that you don't always feel that way and I know that you hurt, but know that reading how you feel has made me look at these obstacles a completely different way. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers! I love you guys!
Love, Rachael

theowensclan said...

The Great sheppard knows when His sheep are bleeding. He will rescue the lost, wandering, and wounded to save us.

"The Lord is my sheppard..."

This is the source of our comfort and strength.

LouLou said...

You are fabulous with words! I couldn't make it one moment without my Lord beside me. He is the source of strength that allows us to take this adoption journey. He knew how difficult this would be, and He chose US to do this. HE knew WE could do it. Aren't we blessed? I feel very sorry for anyone who tries to undertake adoption or ANY other endeavor without the Lord guiding the way! I am so thankful that we are all secure in our faith and that we have each other as support. God sent us all to each other! Thank you God!