Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Still no news

I did hear from Ginger through an email that Ivan (the lawyer) has not contacted her. I am feeling positive tonight, so NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!! Each morning, my friend Kathi and I have a mini devotion on the way to work. We have been reading from Barbara Johnson's "Boomerang Joy." There are so many things that she says that have hit home with me. From time to time I will post one on here for you to enjoy. I will share one now...
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is NOT learning from it! It's in the darkest places that the grace of God shines most brightly. That is where people begin to see Him. By His wounds we are healed. By OUR scars we are recognized as belonging to Him. There is something about having endured great loss (or longing for something) that brings purity of purpose and strength of character." Barbara Johnson
At the end of each devotion, she prays. This was the prayer on that day....
Lord, You've called me to a real world, not a fluffy cloud on which to play my harp. You've called me to be Your presence in the ugliest of places, to be Your hope in desperation. I need strength, Lord, and firm footing. Help me never to answer questions that are not being asked but simply TO BE JESUS TO ANOTHER PERSON TODAY! Amen.
I DO need His strength desperately. I ask for it everyday. He gives me just what I need to get by. Thank You, Lord!!
Stay tuned tomorrow morning. It's JP'S six month "birthday." I will post a new picture of him!
Good night! <><

1 comment:

Veronica & Todd's Journey said...

Your blog is so wonderful. I love reading it. Can you send me the link to the blog you were referring too?