Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Want To Be A Bethlehem

All of you know that I read constantly. I think I have about 4 books going right now. Everything from the Bible to Mary Higgins Clark suspense!

I found a quote in one of my favorite books the other day that I wanted to share. The book is by Joanna Weaver, "Having a Mary Spirit." This is the author that introduced me to "flesh woman!" (Who, by the way, appeared in my home yesterday...that's a whole other post!)

Here's the quote: "I want my life to be a Bethlehem. I want to be a portal through which Christ may come into my world." How beautiful is that?? I have never thought of my life that way before. What would happen if all God's children asked God for their life to be a Bethlehem? Something to think about! I don't know about you, but I really NEED to ask God to come into my world through me DAILY! Because, I am too flesh to accomplish His will on my own. As soon as I let my mind/spirit wander from the things of Him.....BAMM!!!! She appears! Anyone around me can tell when I am not walking with God on a particular day. I am ashamed of who I am without Him.

I hope you all are having a fabulous Sabbath!

No comments: