Thursday, January 3, 2008

Survivor

I did it!! I survived my first day EVER without JP! The Friday before Christmas break was his last day at the Meyer Center. Up until today he has left the house with me, been in class right down the hall from me, and come back home with me in the afternoons. It's been heaven. All good things must come to an end.
We are still extremely blessed. A great friend of ours is keeping him during the day until I put him in preschool next fall. Today went well. He seemed to have had a good time. My friend was still in one whole piece as well! ha!
Well, this is short, but I just wanted to publicly give myself a pat on the back. I only cried a little on the way to work this morning. Other than that, I did great!
I still say that being a parent is teaching me more about God. All I did was think about Jp today. It physically hurt not to be with him. If God loves me and longs to be with me MORE than that......I have a lot of apologizing to do!
Goodnight.

4 comments:

Angela said...

It was the hardest thing in the world for me when Luke left the Meyer Center. I feel your pain. This too shall pass. Love you and see you tomorrow
Ang

Angela said...

by the way, you know that is my favorite picture you have up there at the top :)

Katie said...

Good Job -- it is hard to leave them !!!

theowensclan said...

I'm glad he did well. It was hard to keep my mind off of missing him all day. I've had a little depression over the thought of not seeing him everyday too. I know your pain is four-fold of what I feel. You did great today!!