Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things That Make You Go....HMMMM???

Sometimes I feel like all I do is announce to everyone I come in contact with in a day how tired and sleep deprived I am. I work over forty hours a week and take care of my husband and child.

Bless my heart. (Right?!)

So, I come home from picking up JP today and began cooking dinner. After dinner we played for a little while and then Scott gave JP his bath. Bathtime for the two of them is a very special time. They stay in there FOREVER and absolutely destroy the bathroom. Scott likes to encourage me to sit down and rest during this time each night. Tonight was a perfect time for that---my neck hurt, my back hurt, and I had a splitting headache.

Off they went to the bathroom......and what did I do? Just what any other overworked, sleep-deprived mother of a toddler would do.......I STRAPPED ON A BACKPACK VACUUM CLEANER AND CLEANED THE HARDWOOD FLOORS AND BASEBOARDS!

Yes, you heard me correctly! My response is the same as yours. WHAT??????? Why in the world would I do this???? I don't have an answer for you other than I am completely out of my mind! Isn't that what Saturdays are for? Or, better yet, isn't that what the springtime is for?? Apparently not.

I don't know why I am posting this. I guess after I put away the monster suction machine, I sat down on the couch and released a very long and pitiful sigh. Afterwards I thought to myself, "What are you sighing for, idiot, you should have been sitting on the couch the whole time!"

Oh well, maybe tomorrow night. To my wonderful friends out there who see me on a daily basis.....when you ask me how I'm doing, and my response is something like, "Oh, I'm okay...just really tired..." TELL ME TO GET OVER IT!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am the same way with cleaning. Julie says it makes us feel better to have a little order when we feel like our world is crazy. You are just trying to get some control and order...even after a day full of work. Feel free to vent. I will complain with ya. Not to mention that work is INSANE right now.

starzy18 said...

That is such a motherly thing to do. My mom does the same thing. I, of course, don't understand. I tell her to sit down and relax! You felt you needed to vacuum and you did. It's totally normal.
That is so sweet with Scott and JP. Special bathtime. Does it not just melt your heart?
By the way, starzy18.blogspot.com
I still need to work on it a lot.

demp5 said...

Maybe cleaning relaxes you ?! I am tagging you, so go to my blog for details :)
Meghan