Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Post Holiday Blues

It's already happening. It's a little soon. After all, today is still New Years day. But I am feeling blue. Scott goes back to work tomorrow. I go back Thursday. That means the regular routine begins again. Wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed and start all over again the next day. And long for the weekends.

I know this sounds depressing, but it's how I am feeling right now.

I don't really make New Year's resolutions. I have set a few goals for myself though. One of them is to seek out opportunities to serve people. I was reminded while sitting at church Sunday that, that's where TRUE joy comes from. God has blessed me and my family with so much. I want God to fuel in me the desire to give back.

I hope everyone had a great day. We did. We hung out at Terry and Shannon's house and watched the TENNESSEE VOLS win their bowl game! Now, JP is in bed, Scott's still watching football, and I am about to watch one of the Lifetime Movie Network movies I recorded a few weeks ago. GOD IS GOOD!! hehe!

2 comments:

starzy18 said...

My dad is in the same boat tonight. He has to go back to work tomorrow after almost 2 weeks off! I will definately think of you guys on Thursday when your returning to work.
I enjoyed spending New Year's eve with you guys!

theowensclan said...

I feel for you. This is the post- Holiday depression that I've had for the past 7 years, since Daniel started public school. Funny you should write about this, because I've been thinking (and praying) about this for you for over a week now. I was also praying for J.P. to understand the transition. He's used to being home with you guys too. It will be hard. But I'll be there for you. Maybe some Sonic tea can put a band-aid on it for us. (Just to get us through the first hour!)