Monday, January 7, 2008

The Living Word

I had to share with you what God did for me today. Scott was really discouraged the other day while at work. Nothing major, just your typical work-related issues. Anyway, I sat down at the computer, grabbed my Bible and looked for a specific verse to send him. It is a verse that has brought me TONS of encouragement at work. I have the particular passage underlined/highlighted/circled etc in my Bible. I could not find it! I tore the Bible up looking for it. I was so mad. I ended up emailing him another verse and just told him that I loved him.

I thought nothing more of it.

Well, this morning Scott woke up an hour early to have his quiet time. As soon as he finished, everything that could go wrong with his morning went wrong. I won't bore you with those details. I kissed him good-bye and went to take my shower. I prayed the whole time that God would give him a peace and comfort him while he was working. I headed into the kitchen to email him again. When I sat down, I felt God tell me to open my devotional book to the day's verse. I had already had my quiet time, so I almost ignored it. I had to wait on the computer to upload anyway, so I went and got the book. I opened it to January 7. It was just like God- there at the top of the page was the verse I had looked for the day before. I started shaking it was so cool! I emailed Scott the ENTIRE entry.

This may not sound like much, but God knew that Scott needed that verse TODAY. And he did. Not only that, but it was a much needed reminder that God listens when we talk to Him. He's always thinking ahead of us. He knows what we need and He gives it to us---ALWAYS!

3 comments:

theowensclan said...

It is a blessing to share in the experiences of your life. God does amazing things in your life. It is a joy to be a part of it and see God's amazing presence everyday!

starzy18 said...

Wow! That is really neat. Thank you for sharing that. I agree with Kathi's post.

Katie said...

Isn't God awesome !!??