Wednesday, January 18, 2012

catch up

I could get used to typing on my computer in my bed! I'm so much more comfortable in here. I guess it could turn out to be a bad thing though...I may never go to sleep! And boy do I need sleep these days.

Well, now that we are officially in the "swing of things" around here, it's almost time for another weekend. However, I am NOT complaining! I thought I would try and play a little catch up and update you on the "happenings" around the Beam home. Try not to fall asleep...they are not all that interesting.

  • JP is working on writing sentences in school. He does not find this all that interesting, so he usually chooses to RUN HIS MOUTH instead! His big, brown, beautiful eyes are only going to get him so far! He is working DOUBLE time at home each night!
  • Scott has actually been doing pretty well lately, (hang on...let me find a piece of wood to knock on). Okay, I'm back! He is still having trouble performing the day to day responsibilities required of him at his job. We're praying through that.
  • Speaking of prayer, we have been consistently making it to church now since the new year began. It has been SO NICE to jump back in and be an active participant in the service! JP loves it so much!
  • My mom and I are taking a writing class at Furman University for aspiring children's authors/illustrators. Our first class was this past Tuesday night - it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! We got our money's worth within the first 30 minutes. The goal is to have an actual manuscript written by the end of the class. I am beyond excited!
  • I received a letter in the mail today letting me know that a poem I had submitted had been selected to be published in a book that will be released in March of this year! That was a surprise...I didn't even remember submitting it! (You can read, The Waiting Room, on my devotional blog.)
  • Preston said, "thank you" the other day and today he signed the word "more" for me twice. He's really growing up fast.
  • Laurie continues to train at her new job.

I guess that's it for now. I mainly wanted to update family members and I also use this as my little "journal" so I can always remember what was taking place at this time in my life.

Thanks for joining me! Have a great night!

No comments: