Monday, January 2, 2012

loose tooth

JP has a loose tooth. It is his first, and while he is super excited about a visit from the tooth fairy, he is terrified of having it pulled! His new tooth is beginning to push through behind it, so it really needs to come out.

I have tried to make it a fun game. We sing a "wiggle it" song and I wiggle it (pretty hard) front to back and then side to side. And then around in circles. It has yet to come out. I am really trying to avoid YANKING it out and really freaking him out. Any suggestions? If we go another day or two and it still hasn't popped out, I may have to jerk it out and deal with the aftermath.

This is our first experience with this, so I welcome ANY ideas or suggestions...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wiggle, wiggle,wiggle!!!Will he eat an apple? Also, you can get a better grip w/ wash cloth or piece of gauze!!! Good luck!! Trust me, one day he'll be glad to wiggle just to get the tooth fairy to come ! At least KG was like that!! Janet

Andrea said...

THANKS, Janet!!! How in the world are you!! I miss you guys terribly! I would love to hear about how my girl is doing! :)

Anonymous said...

We're good! Give me your email address and I send ya a word or 10 about her! Don't want to take up all the space here!! LOL!

Andrea said...

My email address is andreabeam@live.com or my classroom address is abeam@greenville.k12.sc.us. That's actually the one I check most often...

Can't wait to hear from you!