Sunday, January 1, 2012

snake in the water


My husband will not be able to read this post. He is DEATHLY afraid of snakes. To the point that when we took JP to the zoo in Columbia, Scott waited on us outside of the reptile house. The fact that the reptiles are BEHIND glass makes absolutely no difference to him!
Having said that, I am so glad he was not with us at Furman today, because one of his little "friends" slithered up beside our boy while we were eating lunch and playing on the rocks beside a stream of water. Scott had to work today, so JP and I went to church alone. When we were leaving he asked if we could take a picnic to Furman. It was beautiful outside, so I could not think of a reason why not. We stopped by the house to grab our blanket and drove through McDonald's to get some chicken! Everything was fine for a while. I was basking in the son while JP through rocks in the water. All of a sudden, he screamed a DEATH SCREAM, and flew over to me and jumped in my lap!! I was looking him over thinking a bug had bit him or something. Once he regained his composure, (it took a while), he told me that a snake had slithered up beside his leg!
Now, I do not share the same phobia as my scaredy-cat husband, but I'll admit, I was a little nervous. I explained to JP how God made the snakes and that MOST of them did not want to hurt him. That when he sees one, he just needs to very quickly move away. That seemed to ease his mind a little. I certainly do not want him to develop a fear of insects/reptiles etc...but, I do want him to take proper precaution. Needless to say, our little picnic excursion came to an end!
I hope everyone had a fabulous New Year's Eve! We were supposed to go to a party at a friend's house, but ended up staying home. This past week has been very emotionally draining for all three of us. Scott is seeing a new doctor and is getting some medicines regulated. It affects our whole family, so we just needed to rest. It was nice. I will say that I am sort of looking forward to getting back into a routine this week. Christmas break was a MUCH NEEDED time of relaxation, but it also has made me very lazy. I did make a few resolutions and goals. You can read about those on my Sunshine blog.
Have a great Sunday night, everyone!

No comments: