Wednesday, May 23, 2012

because i am in that kind of mood


I am not naive enough to think that any of you really care what my pet peeves are, but I thought it would be fun to share my TOP TEN list with you anyway!


10.)  Drivers who do not use their turn signal - I have personal experience with this one because my dad rarely, if ever, uses his signal while driving.  His comment is always, " They see me looking!"  Seriously?  They really don't!

9.)  People who wear white socks with black shoes - Those of  you who know me will never accuse me of being a fashion model.  In fact, I know very little about fashion.  Having said that, I am certain that it is NEVER okay to wear white socks with black shoes!  So, STOP!

8.)  Those who are rude to restaurant servers - Newsflash:  You are not the only customer in the restaurant!!  You are not THAT important!  Sit back, relax, and most importantly BE NICE!  If  you are mean, I feel sure the cooks spit in your food....I know I would!

7.)  Misleading sale signs -  This one irritates me to no end.  I buy JP the Capri Sun Roarin' Waters all the time.  Walmart almost always has them "on sale" 2 for $5 - they are regularly $2.50!  NOT A SALE, PEOPLE!

6.)  People who end their sentences with prepositions - This happens ALL the time.  If you are looking for your book please say, "Where is my book?"  not "Where is my book at?"  I would rather hear fingernails on a chalk board.

4.)  Parents who bring babies to the movies  - Unless you are seeing a rated G movie or cartoon, leave your babies at home!  I understand that it can be tough to secure a sitter, however, if you cannot find one, go another time.  No one wants to hear your baby cry/eat/snore/coo while they're watching a movie.  I do love babies!  I just do not care to go to the movies with them.

3.)  Able-bodied drivers who park in handicap parking spaces -  This one might make some one mad.  That's okay, because it DRIVES ME CRAZY when I see people park in a handicap spot and walk perfectly fine into a building.  And I am aware that people have heart problems, but it is my understanding that walking is GOOD for your heart.  Trust me, these spaces are not meant for people who have miscellaneous ailments. If that were the case, we'd all need one!  Handicap spots are for people who are in wheelchairs, or who have to rely on walkers/canes or crutches to get around. 

2.)  Couples who sit on the same side of the booth - I realize that technically this one is not WRONG, it just bothers me.  If you love each other so much that you have to snuggle while you eat, do those around you a favor and order take out!

1.)  People who drop by without calling - I don't know about you, but the first thing I do when I get home from work is undress and put on comfy clothes.  I enjoy being lazy in front of the television.  On the weekends, I sometimes doze off in the middle of the day.  I am not a fan of "dropping by" unannounced!  It is nothing personal and it doesn't necessarily mean I don't want to see you, it just means that I would appreciate a "heads up." 


Well, there ya go!  These are in no particular order.  If you have pet peeves that you'd like to share, I would love to hear from you! 

2 comments:

Angie said...

I agree with all of the above pet peeves; however, my number one pet peeve is screaming babies/children in restaurants! If you have a baby that cries, squeals, or makes loud noises, please get a baby sitter. For goodness sakes, if your child cannot behave, you just need to stay home! None of this is cute so don't look around and smile at the rest of us because we are all shouting profanities at you in our heads!

Andrea said...

Haha!!! I agree, Angie!