Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a hot bath & excited about summer! (this one's kindof long...sorry!)


My boys go to bed early.  JP is ALWAYS showered/bathed and in bed by 7:15.  We read a book and he's drifting off to dream land by 7:30.  Scott goes to work every day around 4:00 am.  Sometimes earlier.  So, he goes to bed shortly after JP.

That just leaves me.  Do NOT mistake this for a complaint.  Actually, it is far from it.  As much as I adore my family, I don't mind telling you that I long for quiet time alone.  All day, every day I have the (not so) good fortune of listening to lots and lots of NOISE!  By the time the sun sets and my two favorites are sound asleep, I gladly welcome a little ME TIME.  During this time, I can be found doing one of three things:  1)  Catching up with my sister (and playing with my nephew), 2) Playing on FB or blogging, or 3)  Watching Dr. Phil and/or Lifetime Movie Network.  Tonight was no different, except that I began my time alone with a VERY hot bath.  Which leads me to the reason for this post...

Why in the world do I not take a hot bubble bath every night during the week???!!!!  Seriously.  I am so stressed by the time I get home from work.  My muscles are tight, my neck hurts, and I normally have a headache.  All of those things LITERALLY subsided when I immersed myself in the water tonight.  If you are a working mother, a single career woman, or a stay at home mommy, TRY THIS!  Every night.  I can promise you that I will from  now on.  I feel like a new woman as I sit here typing away.  However, my fingers are a little wrinkled!


While I was buried beneath the bubbles, I was reading the new Upstate PARENT magazine.  I LOVE this magazine!  I look forward to the new copy each month.


I am SO EXCITED about summer this year.   Along with the bubbles, my anticipation began to swell as I read through all of the CHEAP activities for kids taking place right here in the Greenville area!  Here is a short list of some of the things JP and I will be doing:

  • Paris Mountain State Park has paddle boat rides/swimming/hiking and picnicking.  Admission is $2 per car.  If I remember correctly from last year, the paddle boats are $5.  Do not quote me on that.
  • Downtown Greenville has a long list of cheap/free activities.  We love Falls Park (free), the sprinklers across from Larkins on the River (free).  The Trolley is a 45 minute round trip through downtown (free).  It's lots of fun.  You can also ride the Trolley to McPherson's Park and enjoy the playground or miniature golf (free).  You do have to bring your own club and ball.
  • Jones Gap is probably my all-time favorite.  I introduced this to JP last summer.  It costs $2 per person and is worth a LOT more than the cost.  Hiking/picnicking and just lounging around the beautiful rocks in the water.  Gorgeous!
  • Children's Museum  Believe it or not, we have not been here as of yet!  I am so cheap, I have not forked out the $24 it will cost me to go.  Having said that, we DO have plans to go this summer.  I know that it's well worth the money, and I know JP will LOVE it.
  • Roper Mountain Science Center has a mini farm with animals for you to interact with.  Every second Saturday they have a different activity for preschool and school age children.  During the summer months, I believe EVERY Friday night, they have fun stuff to watch in their Planetarium.
  • Several places around town offer free outdoor movies.  I am not exactly sure where, but you can GOOGLE it.

Well, I told  you this one was a long one.  If nothing else, hopefully I have provided you with ideas for you and your family to enjoy. 


Have a great night!

No comments: