Monday, May 14, 2012

my once a year rant

If you have followed my blog for any amount of time, you know that I try really hard NOT to get on a soap box when it comes to controversial issues, but I feel very passionate about this one.

I am very active on Facebook.  Lately,  my homepage has been inundated with the topic of homosexuality and gay rights.  I must say, I am SO TIRED OF THIS DEBATE!  I will not use this post to argue over whether or not "gays" should have rights or if homosexuality is a sin.  What I will say is...


I am so ashamed, at times, of Christians when it comes to this topic.  Now, before you get too angry, I am not referring to ALL Christians.  Just the groups who are so outspoken and who lobby against homosexuals.  I think that it is ALWAYS acceptable to share your heart and speak your mind.  As long as it is done IN LOVE!   The majority of the conversations I have read on this subject are overflowing with everything BUT love. 



And as he reclined at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners were reclining with Jesus and his disciples, for there were many who followed him.  And the scribes of the Pharisees, when they saw that he was eating with sinners and tax collectors, said to his disciples,   'Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?'   And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, 'Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.'"  Mark 2:13-17



Tell me this...what person, or group of people, would invite you into their home to "recline" and eat a meal?  Certainly, NOT those who are the target of intolerance and anger.  I know what some of you are thinking.  "In the Bible Jesus tells the sinners to REPENT of their sin, not to continue living  in it."  I have heard this line before too.  And you're right.  However, how many of us Christians ask for God's forgiveness and never sin again?  Not me.  So, until I'm completely perfect in the eyes of the Lord, I will not cast my stone! 

And you shouldn't either.  Because it is my understanding that we will not reach "perfect" status until we walk through the gates of Heaven.  I encourage you, especially if you are a child of the King, to practice kindness, patience and understanding.  It is so much more becoming than anger, rage and malice.  Also, keep in mind that those who practice a homosexual lifestyle are people too.  And Jesus loves people. 


 He died for everyone!  And if God thought EVERYONE was important enough to sacrifice His Son for, then we as His followers should behave accordingly.


Okay.  I'm done. 

No comments: