Monday, August 19, 2013

2nd grade and more


My baby is not a baby anymore.  This afternoon we took him to meet his SECOND GRADE teacher!  I cannot believe I am saying that.  I know that every parent feels this way, but MY HOW TIME FLIES.  I am not going to allow my thoughts to drift in that direction... too much change.  He has not been excited about returning to school on Wednesday.  Until tonight.  After meeting his teacher, his outlook has improved. 

I think we're going to have a good year.

In other "news,"  I bought my book for my Medical Language course today.  The GREAT  news is, I found it used (in excellent condition) for only $34!  That was a major deal for this girl who no longer receives a paycheck!  The not-so-great news?  The class is going to kick my butt!  I have a friend who completed this same course a few years ago.  Apparently it has changed a bit.  I have no doubt I will enjoy it simply because of it's content.  Having said that, it is going to be a lot more work than I originally anticipated.  But, to quote my good friend Pete the Cat,  "It's ALL Good!" 

The next item on my "To Do" list is to enroll in a Creative Writing OR Journalism course at one of the other local Universities.  I am doing everything in my power to AVOID enrolling in Clemson, but I may end up there.  Eeeek!   I will keep you posted.  I would also like you to join me in praying about an exciting opportunity that has recently presented itself.  (No thanks to my mom *wink), I was introduced to a course offered nearby for a Certification in Biblical Counseling.  I am going to call next week and get more information, but it sounds like something I may be interested in.  The class is held on Monday nights.  I am not sure if I can swing my current class schedule in addition to this course, so I am undecided.  I have a dear friend who has almost completed her certification and it is a lot of work as well.  So, we'll see.  

That's about all I have tonight.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! 






No comments: