Friday, August 16, 2013

it's that simple

I have no idea how I come across in my writing, but I really do try to be more positive than negative.  I sure hope I come across that way.   LIFE.IS.HARD.   However, my goal is to sprinkle a healthy mix of good with the bad that comes along.  The truth is, our life is not getting any easier around here.  It literally feels like we wake up each morning and wait on the next "thing" to take place.  And most of the time, it does. 

Don't worry, this is not a "whoa is me"  post.  I am just giving you the facts.  Around our house, things get crazier by the MINUTE.  I share all of that to say this,  I woke up this morning already void of patience.  By mid-morning I was getting to the point where I either needed to sit in the bathroom ALONE and cry for a few hours, or I needed to run down the street screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs.  Three young boys in the house and three adults getting ready for work at the same time, NEITHER was going to happen for me.  So, I walked around all morning breathing very deeply and talking to myself.  Yes, I am that person.  Once the house settled, I plugged Andrew and JP in to their cyber entertainment while I took a hot shower.  That helped.  I walked back in to the living room and a thought "popped" into my head.  I needed to get JP's Bible out and read the day's scripture to the boys. 

So I did.


WOW.  I needed to read this more than JP and Andrew needed to hear it.  Trust me.  I thought about sharing the "grown up" version of this passage with you as well, but I am not going to.  Why?  Because this is plenty sufficient for any age!  I don't know about you, but I tend to make the scriptures more complicated than they actually are.  A five year old child's version of Isaiah 30:18-20  says everything this adult needed to hear today. 

The Lord WANTS to show me His mercy.  He WANTS to rise and comfort me.  He is a FAIR God.  And if I WAIT for Him, I will be happy.  He has given me sorrow and hurt, but He will NOT hide His face from me.  He will comfort me during this time.  However long it might last. 

It really is that simple.

No comments: