Monday, August 26, 2013

you'll get through this



I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THIS BOOK.  Being unemployed and paying for school, I am not quite sure how this is going to happen.  Join me, if  you will, in praying for the Max Lucado Book fairy to drop this one off on my doorstep.  That, or I guess I could tell JP it's what I want for my up and coming birthday!  On a more serious note, can you even imagine how good this book is going to be?!  I am the biggest Lucado fan on the Earth.  I own almost all of his books.  And most of them I have read more than once.  Some, more than twice!  In fact, if you are looking for something encouraging to read, find "No Wonder They Call Him the Savior"  and either download it on your Kindle, or buy it!  I have whole chapters of it memorized.  No lie!  It is that good.  And if I had to guess, I bet this new one will be the same way.  The advertisement JUMPED off a page of September's HomeLife magazine at me tonight while I was sitting in church. I am beyond excited to read it.  Rest assured, when I do get this book, I will most definitely write a review for you.  In fact, it might be fun to write a little "summary" for you at the end of each chapter.  What do you think?  I'll have to give that some serious thought...

Let's see, this weekend ranked pretty high up on my emotional mountain.  However, I am SO thankful for my friends and family who make my life so much easier.  Friday night I went out to eat with my bff, Kerri. 


(Thank you to the waiter who took this picture sideways when I asked him NOT to.)
 
As always, we had a great time.  Tupelo Honey Café...if you have not been, GO!  It was excellent.  Great food, great service, a peaceful atmosphere,  all good.  At the beginning of your meal, they bring you the biggest biscuit you have ever seen accompanied by jam and a bottle of honey.  OH. MY. GOSH.  There is not a word in my adjective bank to describe the taste.  And if you're anything like me when it comes to breakfast food, this will be a haven for you.  They serve breakfast all day long! So give it a try.  It is located in Downtown Greenville on Maine Street.  Well worth your time and money.

 

After Kerri and I walked around downtown for a bit, we parted ways.  I then headed over to my friend, Alexis' house (pictured left).  She invited a few Meyer Center peeps over for dinner and movies.  I skipped dinner, but joined them for "Baby Momma" starring Tina Fey.  Very funny movie!  Again, great movie and a lot of laughs.  It was good for my soul.

That was my Friday night.  Saturday, Preston and I spent the afternoon at Furman.  It was a GORGEOUS day!



I spent Saturday night watching another movie (can you tell I LOVE movies?)  with my other fave, Kathi.  We were both kind of blue this weekend.  It's always better to be down in the dumps together!


That's about it.  As you can tell, I kept myself pretty busy.  This week is shaping up to be busy for me as well.  Tomorrow I begin my Creative Writing class at USC.  I am super excited about that!  I have another test in Medical Language on Wednesday.  It is looking like my nose will be buried inside a book most of the week. 

Happy Monday, everybody!

No comments: