Thursday, July 12, 2007



I do not know at what point it happened. More importantly, HOW it happened! Regardless of when or how, somewhere along the way I forgot about God! For the past two weeks all I have done is complain about where we are and how long we have been here. Waiting once again! Only this time in another world. Far away from our family. Far away from our friends. Far away from our jobs and everything that is familiar to us. I have been so mad and bitter over why our case has not been released. I sat at the Marriott hotel and watched a countless number of families check in and check out. And there we were still waiting on the smallest amount of progress to take place.

I'm not going to use this blog to point fingers. It seems pointless to worry about who's fault it is. I just want to come home. I talked to my dad today and we were discussing several different options that we are looking into for outside help. I began to cry! I miss my family and I am so anxious for them to meet JP! WHY ARE WE STILL HERE??????

Then it hit me.

God is not withholding JP from our families. He wants them to be united with them more than we do. He knows that Scott needs to get back to his job. He knows that our money will only go so far. He knows that George and Helen, aka our security blanket, are leaving for the States and we'll be here alone. HE KNOWS ALL OF THIS!! He's heard all of our prayers. So, what He reminded me of this morning was that He knows these things and ALWAYS has my best interest at heart. SO, if we are STILL STUCK HERE with no sign of a PINK slip, it must be because He is not ready for us to go home yet. And with all the complaining I'm doing, I am bound to miss what He has for me here. It's hard for me to acknowledge this, because I'm tired of being here. But, truthfully, the positives FAR OUTWEIGH the negatives. We are both here bonding with JP. If we were at home, none of this would have taken place! I will forever thank Him for this time.

Am I going to stop trying my best to get out of here.....NO WAY!!!! We, along with our family back home, are doing everything we can to get things moving. But, what I am going to do while I'm here is enjoy this time. Most families come here to Guatemala, pick up their babies and leave within a few days. When JP grows up, I will be able to tell him that we stayed here for a month (or more) and really got to know his culture!

What a blessing!

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

What an amazing attitude to have and a blessing that God reminded you of Himself today! You are so right, He definitely is not surprised by any of this and His will really is perfect even if its confusing. I'm sure all of your family and friends are still praying for your quick return and I will continue to do the same. Just seeing the pictures of JP make me want to squeeze him and I don't even know you guys, so I'm sure its killing all of your family/friends! :)

theowensclan said...

This is just what I needed to hear. I've been bummed all day, thinking about you guys. In fact I just sent you an e-mail before reading this, and now I'm much happier. Knowing your frame of mind is such a relief to all of us here because we miss you and want you home so badly. You continue to be an encouragement to everyone around you while you are in the midst of your trials. This is another way God is using you to share HIS love with everyone. Thank you for being such a faithful servant and wonderful friend. Love, Kathi
P.S. I love the family picture.