Wednesday, July 25, 2007

T.I.R.E.D with a Capital T

All is well at the Beam house. I wanted to try and keep everyone updated as much as possible with what's going on.

Briefly, Scott saw a surgeon today who checked out the knot on his neck. He feels like it's a tumor. He sent us to an ENT to have it looked at. Long story short----it is one of PROBABLY two things. 1) tumor 2) his lymph nodes responding to an infection in his body. The ENT doctor found another knot under the existing one. He biopsied both of them. He also ran a tube down his nose to see if there was anything going on there. It was clear. We are going to have a CT scan done of his throat tomorrow afternoon. As for the fever/chills etc.. we now have an antibiotic that should help with that. We should have the results from his blood tests Friday or Monday. Both doctors and the surgeon are pretty sure that the knot and the sickness from Guatemala are unrelated. We'll soon find out!

Thank you for your prayer support. I will try and blog as much as possible, but we are very tired and trying to keep things normal around our house. Every spare minute I have (when I would normally blog) is spent trying to nap/rest.

JP is still doing beautifully! He is perfect. I don't know what else to say! I love him so much! He's still very active and adjusting very well!

That's all for now!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Thinking of you Andrea. Hoping for the best. JP is still a cutie pie. Melissa

starzy18 said...

I'll be thinking of you guys today. Let me know how the CT scan goes.

Bekah said...

What a precious little picture. Sleepy head. I will keep praying for you guys until you post good news!

DeAnna said...

I will definitely be praying for you guys!! I love seeing all these sweet pictures of JP, what a cutie. :)

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

I am praying everything comes out okay!

JP is such a cutie!

Emma Sorrells said...

Your little boy is absolutely adorable. Please call me to babysit. I can't wait to ask Scott all about JP when school starts back. I am praying for ya'll. Hope all goes well with Scott.

Steve & Amy said...

Praying for Scott. That pictures of JP asleep in the jumper is priceless!!!

LouLou said...

Scott is too hard headed to have ANYTHING wrong with him!!!! :) Tell him that we are all praying for him and are waiting to hear the GOOD news from the doctor. Do you miss Ap as much as I miss JP?