Monday, July 23, 2007

The Scoop On Scott!

This will be brief.......

Many of you have called/sent me emails etc... asking about Scott. I appreciate every one's concern! It's overwhelming. I thought I would fill you in without going into too much detail.

He began running a fever in Guatemala. Since we have been home, it has gotten worse. He is usually okay during the day, but at night and early morning he runs a fever of 103 or so and it lasts about 6 to 8 hours. The time frame varies and changes, but mostly night. He went to the doctor last week and he took some blood. His white count is normal, so there's no infection. Today I took him back b/c his liver numbers were elevated. The doctor is now testing him for several different diseases. There is also a knot on the side of his jaw that he wants to biopsy---we are doing that on Wednesday. He is out of work for a while and mostly stays around the house and rests. He would appreciate your prayers.

Thanks again for all of your concern and care! It means a lot. I will continue to keep you updated as much as possible.

JP is doing AWESOME!! I will definitely keep you updated on him. Several of you have also asked if I am going to continue to blog now that JP's home. The answer to that is....ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! So....stay tuned!!

6 comments:

jajbs said...

I will be praying for that husband of yours and for you, as well. God brought you this far and He will carry you through this. Hang in there and know that we are all praying for your family!


Amanda

Aim said...

Hi Andrea,
Glad to hear you are home safe. We will pray your husband. We hope that this will pass quickly and he will be up and running with JP soon. We love the cute pictures of JP. Glad to hear you will continue to blog with us. Take Care

Bekah said...

I will be praying for Scott as well. That doesn't sound fun at all. Praying for all of you. JP is precious...so glad that he is home!!!

Karen D. said...

Andrea,
I too will be praying for Scott! This is supposed to be the happiest time of your life- not a time to be dealing with an illness. Please keep us posted! I will be praying for you and JP as well! (I love the pic of him in the sink at the Peds office!)

Love and prayers,
Karen

Melissa said...

Oh Andrea, I do not know what to say. I hope they can figure this out and get him healthy quick. I will be praying for you guys. I know JP's hugs and kisses are the best medicine Scott could ask for.

Melissa

LouLou said...

Andrea,
I had no idea that Scott was that sick. Tell him all his buddies in Alabama are praying for him!

We miss and love you guys!