Saturday, March 3, 2007

Bittersweet

This is the word that comes to mind when I think about Gloria. She no longer is working at the orphanage. For those of you who do not know, Gloria is one of the nannies that works at the orphanage where JP lives. I found out last week that she is gone. It's bittersweet for me.

It's Bitter because she loves JP SO MUCH! This picture is how she carried him around each day. She fed the other children she was responsible for and changed them with my baby on her back! That brought comfort to me daily. It made my wait somewhat easier because I KNEW he was getting extra special attention.

It's Sweet because I have prayed every day for Gloria. I prayed that God would bless her life for the way she has taken care of JP. However, deep down I have been dreading meeting her again the day she brings JP to us to bring home. I could not help but think about how painful that would be for her. In December when Scott and I went to spend Christmas at the orphanage, I watched her watch me. I could tell that she was emotional over the realization that the day would come when she wouldn't carry him around anymore. I watched her bathe him one day when she didn't know I was there. The love in her eyes and her actions touched me! She's been his temporary mom since he was fifteen days old. It was going to be equally painful for me to have to take him from her. I realize to most of you who read this, that probably sounds crazy. I guess you just had to have been there. What makes this change "sweet" is I KNOW this is part of God paving the way for JP to come home. A "detachment" had to take place before he left his country to come home with me. God is so good!

So, a part of me is extremely sad. Not just for Gloria, but for JP too. She is who he knows. I am not able to think about that part. I know that God is his parent right now and He is taking awesome care of him through the other ladies there. The other part of me is extremely excited! I truly believe that our wait is coming to an end. I am SO ready! I wanted to share these pictures of JP and Gloria with you. Please add her to your prayer lists. Ask God to take care of her. She is a single woman in a very impoverished country. She is very special to me AND my son.








No comments: